19990503 snapshot failing to scroll screen

I have installed the latest patches on W95 OSR25, and find this cygwin
snapshot an improvement in several ways.  For example, I can hold down the
left arrow without producing garbage on the command line.  However, it
over-types the last line on the screen much more frequently than I am used
to.  The pwd command over-writes itself and then is over-written by the new
prompt line.  Am I missing a setting which should take care of this?  My
experience has been that CYGWIN settings don't have the same effect on W95 as
on NT.
Tim
tprince@computer.org