Re: Open File Problems - WIERD!!!

In a message dated 5/10/99 4:57:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
paul@grserv.med.jhmi.edu writes:

> Could it be the windows-imposed limit on # of open files? I.e., in your
>  config.sys (assuming you're running win9x - dunno how it works in NT), try
>  setting FILES=60 (or whatever number).
>
>   - Paul
There appears to be a problem, as the original poster stated, which is the
same on various egcs implementations (apparently g77 as well as gcc), as well
as additional problems in this area specific to egcs running on W9x.  In
neither situation is there a warning from the OS or run-time.

Tim
tprince@computer.org