Re: GDB

 <00b101be9c9c$fee62740$29acdfd-@inspirepharm.com> wrote:
Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/gnu-win32/?start=13961

> > I know there is some difficulty with GUI-based debuggers from watching
> > this list, but GDB is supposed to work isn't it?
> >

> The only problem with GUI interface is that DDD consume a lot of CPU resources.  That is a bug in DDD source code, which I am unable to track.
> I have released the patched source code with instructions on how to compile.  It is available at http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Forum/6298/
>
> > I get a segmentation failt in gdb before it trips a break on main.
> >
> > I've got a couple of strange dll's (ones associated with stuff
> > I'd thought I'd de-installed) in reported gdb startup. I suppose an
> > NT reinstall will be required to get rid of them.
> >

> Perhaps you have problems with your DLLs or installation.  GDB newest release from
> Mumit khan works perfect.

There IS a serious problem with gdb and DLLs. I've been working with
Mumit for a long time now trying to track this one down. Apparently,
if you have more than 6 or 7 DLLs to load during startup, you get
the seg fault. I'm not sure if this is true on NT or not - I haven't
been able to build a program that needs that many DLLs on NT.
From the output of gdb, I suspect there is a problem trying to
load symbol tables from the DLL.