Starting rxvt from a .PIF

I want to have a .PIF file that I can add to my Start menu that will
fire up bash in an rxvt window.

I made a .PIF which uses a "Cmd line" pointing to a modified cygnus.bat,
included here, which sometimes works, but often hangs my machine (a Dell
Pentium III with Windows 98 and Cygwin b20.1) after creating the rxvt
window:

@ECHO OFF
SET PATH=c:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN;%PATH%
SET HOME=c:\Nick
SET CYGWIN=tty
c:\usr\local\bin\rxvt.exe -geometry 80x34 -sr -sl 500 -rv -fn "Lucida
Console-12" -cr yellow -title "Xterm" -e bash -login

In the Window "Properties" panel for the .PIF, I've got it set to run as
a normal window, marked the "Close on exit" box, and left the rest of
the settings at their default values.

Does anyone have a set of .PIF settings and a .bat file that they use
succesfully to start bash in an rxvt, or have an idea of how I can
modify my setup to not hang frequently?

It would be great if in the next release of Cygwin, they could bundle in
rxvt and include a suitable .PIF/.bat to start it.  I'd imagine most
Cygwin users would prefer that to running bash in a DOS window!

Thanks,

Nick