Re: XFree86 3.3.3.1

Chris Faulor responded that if there would be enough interest, he might
start a separate mailing list "cygwin-xwindows."  Let's see how many of
Cygwin users are willing to push XFree86 run under Cygwin??

I have everything compiled, sources patched in xc/config  xc/lib,
xc/nls, xc/programs,and xc/programs/Xserver. The code in
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/os-supported needs
some work.  Once the code in ../hw/os-supported is cleaned up XFree86
Server should run under Cygwin.  I had been working on XFree86 3.3.3.1
code since last 3 months. Due to the responsibilities at work I am not
able to spend enough time on this project.

If there is enough interest and a separate mailing list
"cygwin-xwindows" starts, I will be glad to hand over the modified code
to the "would be cygwin-xwindows" and actively participate in this
project to have a good X-server running under Cygwin B20.1.

Chris, I hope you do not mind reposting your message to the list.

Thanks

Suhaib