B20: Strange STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION Exception

This is the information about the bug

System used:
Cygwin beta 20.1
Windows 98
Intel Celeron 266

Attached is the source code, core dump, cygcheck -s -v -r output and the
Makefile. (My appologies for attaching file in mailing list, this is the
first time I report a bug and I am not sure if this is appropriate).

To reproduce the error, do:

BASH.EXE-2.20$ make
BASH.EXE-2.20$ ./a.exe <-- This is the good version
BASH.EXE-2.20$ make test
BASH.EXE-2.20$ ./a.exe <-- This has a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

The only different in the two programs is in the following two source
files:

1) ass5.cpp
2) test.cpp

Special thanks for Cygwin group at Cygnus Solutions for making Cygwin
available.

bugtest.zip