wget blocked by Microsoft Proxy Server firewall

Hi,

I once used Andy Piper's cygwin /usr/local stuff happily until my
company installed Microsoft Proxy Server as firwall. The ftp.exe and
telnet.exe of Andy's are all blocked by the firewall but still work
well within the firewall. On the other hand, the ftp.exe and
telnet.exe that come with Ms Win98 still work happily through the
firewall. I'm using Cygwin b20.1

I strongly suspect that it is the problem of the cygwin environment
but still cannot pinpoint it. I then got the gnu wget source for
testing. I compiled wget.exe 2 times with MSVC6 and Cygwin tool chain
respectively. As I have expected, the cygwin version is always blocked
by the firewall while the msvc6 version can reach outside with no
problem. When I traced cygwin version into the source code with gdb, I
found it is blocked at line 91 of connect.c where the statement is,

  if (connect (*sock, (struct sockaddr *) &sock_name, sizeof (sock_name)))

I also traced the MSVC6 version that it passed this statement with no
problem.  I can only reach here and have no idea to investigate
further. I don't know if it is the cygwin1.dll that makes the proxy
function incorrect. Actually not only the proxy server is installed at
the server computer, my PC also installed the WSP (WinSock Proxy)
client. The WSPWSP.dll is added to \windows\system directory. Anyone
can help?

Thanks!

Yu-Jui Lee

Trinity Communications Inc.