Re: B20 : Bash Problem, Slowing down after 4 hours running (win98)

In a message dated 99-06-09 06:40:37 EDT, james@dattrax.demon.co.uk writes:

<< I wrote a script to covert 1000's of filenames to their lowercase
equivalent.  Worked fine but got slower and slower over time until 4 hours
after I'd started it running it was really slow (mouse not moving properly).
Nothing else was running at the time.  Anyone else experienced this?? >>

If you bring up Task Manager (or run ps in another window under W9X) you'll
likely see phantom jobs. Kill them off one by one if they don't belong.  The
snapshot versions of cygwin don't leave as many processes running after
completion.