Re: new cygwin.dll (was Re: Make problems)

--- DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > By the way, I noticed that new cygwin.dll snapshots modify a bit the
> > registry organisation compared to e.g. 15 january's snapshot,
> > especially the mount organisation. 'fsilent' key has disappeared
> > (BTW, what was that for ?). The problem is that this new structure
> > is obviously not recognized by former snapshots, so if one wants to
> > use the old snapshot again one has to remove the registries created
> > by the new snapshot in regedit, otherwise mount command won't work
> > anymore.  Any comment on that ?
>
> The new mount.exe has an option to import the old table into the new
> format.

To find this new mount.exe already built you need to download the
cygwin-inst-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz file.  This file will also contain the cygwin1.dll
for that build.  Not all binaries are included just ones important to the
functioning of the cygwin environment.  You will also find header files and libraries.
===
YAWIA,
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit