GUI console

Hi,

I'd like to find a graphical console (i.e. inside a window) to replace MSDOS
box at run-time (data typed in the window will be send to stdin while data
from stdout/stderr will be displayed in the window). I have searched in the
mail archive and it seems that Eric Britten has written a similar piece of
code. However, neither the referenced URL nor his email exists today. Does
anyone has this code ? Or any other code doing a similar work (preferably in
C but C++ is ok also) ?

Thank you for your attention.

                 Daniel Diaz
University of Paris 1      INRIA Rocquencourt
   75013 Paris           78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
     FRANCE                     FRANCE
        email: Daniel.Diaz@inria.fr