Re: Libraries not working

John Garrison <jeg@visi.net> writes:

> Now if I could just find out how to make WinMain be declared without
> breaking compatibility with other platforms.  Can I just do somthing like
> the following?
>
> WinMain(void)
> {
> main();
> }

You shouldn't need to do anything at all. If this is a windows32 GUI
program, add -mwindows when linking the program; if this is a console
mode (the usual Unix kind), then the linker should pick up main from
one of the object files where main is defined.

If it is console mode, then is main() defined in one of the object
modules?

  $ i586-mingw32-nm --print-file-name *.o | grep main

do you see a defined symbol for main (there is a ' T ' before the
symbol name if defined).

If main() is in an archive instead, try the following:

  $ i586-mingw32-gcc -o foo -Wl,-u,_main [rest of arguments]

and see if that helps.

Regards,
Mumit