Libwww again

I asked a fair while ago if libwww could be compiled under cygwin.
I got a yes answer *grin* and then discovered that basically I'd
installed cygwin badly,
but fixed it up and it compiles :).  Now i'm wondering, and I haven't
been able to find any
answer anywhere else ( :P ) if it will compile with -mno-cygwin?  I
figure it's
easier to ask rather than change _all_ the makefiles that come with it
:)
Any ideas?

Also, and I know this one is answered somewhere, but i can't find it
again where it mentioned it,
what _will_ compile under -mno-cygwin? Before you get the wrong idea,
I'm talking straight C, no
C++ or fortran or anythign.  Can any C program compiled in cygwin be
made cygwin1.dll independant?
I'm wondering because what i'm working on uses a lot of libwww stuff,
and has a little extra socket code
and stuff as well.

Thanks.
--Geoff Appleby