RE: optimization

Hello,
	We did some comparisons.
	Visual C++ 6.0 (SP3) is the best one. Egcs 1.1.2 is very close and
even better in some C++ related stuff. I would recommend to use egcs instead
of Visual  C++ if you target scientific applications.
	Codewarrior  5 is a little bit slower (15%) but performs quite well
with floating points (2% slower).

	Please have a look at the marvelous bench++ suite at
http://www.research.att.com/~orost/bench_plus_plus.html

	Regards,
	William

William Gacquer