Re: PurifyNT 6.0.1 with complex Cygnus Cygwin build environment andNT Performance Registry data access

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Mumit Khan wrote:
> Craig Wyllie <craig@halcyon.ca> writes:
> >
> > We are currently using Cygnus' Gnupro Toolkit to build an NT port of a
..
> > We are unable to complete Purification of the resultant executables,
..
> Since Rational claims that it only works with Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0,
> I'm not surprised that it doesn't work with Cygwin. Purify is a very
..
> Perhaps speak with your customer rep at Rational?

We've made an enquiry with them, and they've confirmed what you've said.
Basically "purify 6.0 only works with Visual C++ 4.2 and above".

Their website/documentation states that they 'support VC++', but we'd
never seen anything that said 'will not work with anything else'.  So we
evaluated it, and it seemed to work for our test cases.

It's too bad they weren't clearer in the beginning.

Thanks for your help.  We're evaluating another tool (I think it's
ParaSoft's Insure...).

Has anyone used it?

What do people that are creating production level code with cygwin or
cygnus tools use for memory leak checking and related items?

I'll let everyone know if we get something working.

	-Craig

 Craig Wyllie            | mailto:craig@halcyon.ca
 Software Engineer       | phoneto:416-482-7806
 Halcyon Inc.            | faxto:416-488-4814
 Toronto, Canada         | http://www.halcyon.ca