termios control in cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to access the serial/console port from a gcc/cygwin
program. I've discovered that cygwin never returns on reads (when
there's no char input of course), even when struct termio's
c_cc[VTIME] is set to a positive integer. I suppose this is a bug -
does anyone have a clue?

PS! I'm not subscribing the cygwin list - pls. reply to my private
adr...

Regards,
Svein E. Seldal