RE: termios control in cygwin

--- Philippe Noel <pnoel@socoint.com> wrote:

> > >I'm really interested for ANY answers about this.  I've exactly the same
> > >problem.  My application seems to stick in the read function.
> > Anybody ever
> > >experienced this?
> > >
> > >I tried downloading the latest cygwin1.dll, but it makes my applications
> > >print error messages about the dll version, and stop.
> > >
> > >Any other idea?
> >
> > Yes.  Only use one version of the DLL on your system.  That's what the
> > error message was trying to tell you.  Rename the older DLL to something
> > besides cygwin1.dll.
>
> Sure.  That's what I've done.  But it still print the same error message.
> BTW, I've this message for some shell applications like this:
>
> bash-2.02$ pwd
> D:\Cygwin-root\bin\pwd.exe: *** conflicting versions of cygwin1.dll
> detected.  Use only the most recent version.
>
> I don't understand this message because the DLL I use *is* the most
> recent...   :-S

Execute `cygcheck -s -v -r', at the end of the list you'll see where on the
path that every cygwin1.dll is found.  Somehow, you're starting processes with
differing versions of cygwin1.dll.  This is a big cannot do.  Chris added the
"conflicting versions" error to prevent more serious problems.  You need to get
rid of all but one of the cygwin1.dll files from your PATH.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)