Re: post b20.1: How to disable umask and access UNC path

--- igoresha@iwmail.com wrote:
> But should NT Security support be off by default?

It will be when the b21 product becomes available.  The snapshots have it on by
default so that it will get tested.

> And in any case does the fact that new code does not work accross network
> should be considered as a bug?
> I.e. if I make a new file of a different computer it
> should be created under the ownership of the account under which I connected
> to that computer and not the account under which I logged in localy.

Hmm.  How are you connecting to a different computer to create the file?  Is
that via the "Map Drive" function?  Couldn't that be considered an "NFS
mounted" directory in unix?  Files created via NFS mounts have the properties
of the user for that host not the host and owner of the filesystem.

Note, these questions are hypothetical and have nothing to do with the real
code.  In reality I don't know the answer to the question.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)