Re: 初めまして、柏崎と申します。

The download problem for the perl binaries is now fixed (I think). Glenn
Spell suggested creating a .htaccess file to tell the apache server how
to correctly set the mime type for downloaded files. BZ2 files are now
application/x-bzip2, NOT text/plain. So the netscape browser doesn't
mangle 0x0a's into 0x0a0d's (at least, that's my guess). In any case, I
was able to download successfully a .bz2 file from the cygutils website
using Netscape on Win32. Thanks, all, for your suggestions and help.

--Chuck

P.S. Although the original announcement about download problems with the
cygwin-perl binaries was relevant to the list, the ensuing discussion
about apache webservers and netscape behavior was definitely off-topic.
Since I started it, I apologize to all concerned. Sorry...