Re: Canadian build of Insight

Chris Faylor <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com> writes:

> I'm not sure why you're not just downloading the prebuilt binaries
> from Mumit's site.  It would save you a lot of time, it seems.

I believe Brendan is looking at supporting other targets, so needs to
build it locally.

Brendan, the easiest way to get the runtime support is find a machine
with Cygwin installed, and just grab the includes and libraries from
/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/{include,lib} and you should be all
set.

If you want to build it locally without having to download the whole
bit, here's how (untested, but the basics are there ;-): download
the following "split" components from sourceware Cygwin site[1]:

  toplevel.tar.bz2
  config.tar.gz2
  etc.tar.gz
  include.tar.gz
  libiberty.tar.gz
  newlib.tar.gz
  winsup.tar.gz

[1] ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/cygwin-latest/src-by-top-dir/

Now unpack all of this in some directory, say cygwin-b20 and build/install
using your cross-compiler. Of course, unless you already have cross
compiler going, there may be a chicken and egg problem -- to build the
cross-compiler, you need the runtime; to build the runtime, you need to
the cross-compiler. If you already have a cross-compiler, you should
already have the runtime, right?

Since you may need termcap, also download the libtermcap.tar.bz2, which
has some modifications to support "cygwin" terminal type.

Regards,
Mumit