RE: FW: Description of the new 'ntsec' feature

> > you still are having problems then they're probably not due to ntsec.
> > There's probably a bug in cygwin from something *I've* done.
>
> And there's probably a bug in ntsec, too. I hope that some people are
> willing, to give ntsec a try. It works "for me" but I'm not able to
> see all consequences in my environment, so I need feedback.
> If nobody would test your XFree porting results you would have a
> far bigger problem, isn't it?

I agree.  At the present time, I am down to only 2 people support for Xfree,
myself and John Fortin.  All the Cygwin (9 users) who were willing to help
and contribute have backed off.  i guess after looking at 100 MB of source
code and a lot of Assembly code in xfree/os-support
most of them decided to take off instead of attempting to play with 10s MB
of Assembly code.

> The main items are:
> - Are there real bugs?

I really do not know.  But I kept getting this *proc_info_signal 1000 ...*
mostly after MAKE finishes the compilation job.  Sometimes
I get bash hanged if I try to kill a process.  I tried
CYGWIN=nontsec and without nontsec.

> - Are the choosen security settings adequate?

At least a brief overview on Cygwin Web pages would help.

> - Should the settings for administrators better be as in NT itself?
> - How is it possible to do convenient without /etc/passwd and
>   /etc/group?
>
> And, last but not least: Patches are gratefully accepted ;-)

Sorry, cannot contribute patches for it.  I have a very limited knowledge on
security code you wrote ;-)