Re: fdopen() and winsock

Actually They are regular file handles, just like any other.
There is a bug in all 9x/kernel32 libc/msv/crtdll interface
implementations GetFileType() returns TYPE_UNKNOWN for handles to
sockets. Since this is AFAIK the only unknown type there is, you know you have
a socket handle;-)
there is a fix in the more recent perl distrib's
that you can use as a general solution.
-loldnames -lperlcrt -lmsvcrt will get you TYPE_CHAR
for socket handles. that are put into an fd with _open_osfhandle()
also fixes several other nasty bugs in the MS libcXXX.