Re: Importing a variable from a DLL

Anders Norlander <anorland@hem2.passagen.se> writes:

> You *can* do this:
> tag imported data with DATA in the .DEF file and dlltool will not
> generate a stub function.
> For example:
> EXPORTS
> foo	DATA
>
> will generate ___imp__foo and __imp__foo symbols.
>
> Without DATA dlltool generates ___imp__foo, __imp__foo, and _foo
> symbols.

Thanks Anders. I completely forgot that Ian Taylor implemented the DATA
tag last year!

However, the problem of tracking the usages in various headers and marking
them correctly remains the major problem. I remember trying to create DLLs
for Octave, and ran into tons of problems that I just didn't have the
patience to fix.

Regards,
Mumit