Re: wget

John Buffington <jbuff@pacific.net> writes:
> Has anyone out there ported GNU wget to Cygwin?

Here're two few hints when looking for a particular package for Cygwin:

1. search the mailing list archives. There are two search engines:
   Cygnus' http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/ and DJ Delorie's
   http://www.delorie.com/archives/. I seem to have much better luck
   with DJ's search engine site than Cygnus'.

2. Look at Michael Hirmke's package listing. It's available from Cygnus
   Cygwin site http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/. His site URL has
   changed from the old days, so that the WWW link in the archives
   may not work. You can get his package listing from:
   ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael/GNUWin32.txt

wget-1.5.3, ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/wget/wget-1.5.3.tar.gz, builds
compiles out the box. Get it, run configure, make and install.

  $ tar zxf wget-1.5.3.tar.gz
  $ cd wget-1.5.3
  $ ./configure -v
  $ make
  $ make install

If running configure as above won't work, then try the following

  $ CONFIG_SHELL=bash bash configure -v

instead, everything else the same.

If you're dealing with an older version, I believe you had to get rid
of the 'extern int errno' declarations and include <errno.h> in a few
files.

> Might be able to save me a couple of days (weeks)

Hopefully just a few minutes ...

Regards,
Mumit