AW: Distributing cygwin1.dll

Chris Faylor wrote:
>>Does the GPL really oblige me to make the source to the Cygnus tools
>>available on my site - which isn't even up yet :-( - in order for me to
>>distribute cygwin1.dll?
>
>Unfortunately, the licensing of the Cygwin DLL does require this.  If you

If I understand the GPL right, someone don't have to publish the source, instead
if anyone requests the source, he has to give it away. This may include
sending the sources on CD-ROM and getting a copy fee. So I think there is no
problem just releasing your program in binary and only providing the source
for the program, not for the library.

But this is only true if cygwin.dll is under GPL. Maybe cygnus used a modified one.

--
 Klaus Rotter, Siemens AG,  ATD TD 6 EPG, Postfach 3249, 91020 Erlangen
 Frauenauracherstraße 98, 91056 Erlangen