Re: (Another) newbie problem

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Here's what I do:

[useful stuff snipped]

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. Perhaps this
should be on a FAQ somewhere ? The existing docs (while useful,
definately essential!) aren't quite enough to get going, I think.

I'm hardly a beginner to Unix etc. but unless you have some idea
where things should go in the first place, it's pretty difficult
to make use of the output of 'gcc -v'. As mentioned in the docs,
it's a problem when (because something is missing in mingw32) a
file is picked up in cygwin32 when it shouldn't be. This in fact
was my problem I think. That and a miniscule knowledge of how to
program under windows...

Of course, a *really* useful resource would be a tarball of a
working setup for mingw32 (the cygwin full.exe presumably fits
the bill for the cygwin environment :-). Such that you d/l and
install full.exe, then d/l and extract mingw32.tar.gz on top of
it.

If anyone wants to contribute one, I'd gladly host it on the web.
I'd do it myself, but mine doesn't work :-(

ATB,
        Simon.