Re: How to set the prompt?

Date sent:      	Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:35:20 -0300
From:           	Leonardo Pedrosa <lion@sti.com.br>
To:             	cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject:        	How to set the prompt?

I would recommend getting a copy of the Bash manual and reading
about "Prompting".  The shell variable which controls the initial
interactive session prompt is 'PS1'.  For other interactive states
there are 3 others, PS2, PS3 and PS4.  The manual tells you what
special values you may use for them.

There are many other good reasons to read the Bash manual, too.

Regards,
Doug