RE: Vanishing mounts

> Hi all,
>
> I've been noticing for some time now that mounts seem
> to be spontaneously unmounting themselves.  There doesn't
> seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this event occurs.
> Maybe after rebooting, maybe not, etc.  I've noticed this
> ever since updating to b20.1 last January.  It happens on
> NT v4.0 sp3&sp4 and win95 boxes as well.  Both I and several
> friends who use this release have all independently noticed
> this behavior.  I guess under cygwin, this is akin to a
> registry entry spontaneously disappearing.

I have a similar problem: my binary mounts will spontaneously
become text mounts.  I'm pretty sure that this problem
plagued me on earlier releases too.  It has become
annoying enough that I finally kluged my rclock (from the
rxvt package) to check my mounts every 10 minutes (instead
of checking my mail) and signal an alarm if they are
text rather than binary.

I would welcome a "real" solution the the problem...