Re: Vanishing mounts

We're still using bash 18 and have had a Vanishing mounts
problem; in fact we have a script/workaround whose sole
purpose is to "hold" mounts.

    #!/bin/sh
    # ***************************************************************************
    # File ....... mounts_hold_workaround
    # Author ..... rodmant
    # User ....... admin boot script
    # Synopsis ... Maintain bash mount points.
    # When a non-admin user runs bash on a pc, the mounts are dropped when
    # the user exits bash.  This script works around the problem - it runs
    # at bootup and hangs around until shutdown.
    #
    <snip>

We have not attempted to reproduce the problem under bash 20.1, NT SP4.

		regards,

		Tom Rodman

		<tom.rodman@jci.com>