Re: awk problems in B20.1?

--- Christian Jönsson FOA 72 <chj@lin.foa.se> wrote:
> I'm just wondering if more people than I have encountered problems
> with cygwin's B20.1 awk. I try running some validation tests of a
> network simulator ns2 under Win NT 4.0 sp3 using cygwin b20.1 and its
> awk. Now, running these validations under Red Hat Linux 6.0/Intel works
> fine but they fail with "strange" comments from b20.1's awk claiming
> commands are corrupt...
>
> Anyway, if there are know problems with awk, perhaps it's compiled
> somewhere on the net here but I haven't found it. If you know of such
> an URL please let me know before I go hunting for errors...

I don't remember anyone reporting anything from awk.  Just guessing it would
have to do with the "text processing mode" vs "binary processing mode" issue.
See the FAQ, Documentation Pages and the archives for explanations of this.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)