RE: How to build static lib's - prob with gtk/glib

Please check the configure script.  It could be possible that
GTK does not support static libs.  Several sofwtare do, for example
GGI
will build only as shared lib no matter what you do.  The GGI
was designed to be a shared lib only.  It could be same for GTK, I
do not know.  you could check the documents and/or configure scripts
if this is the case. You may need to modify configure script to
build dlls instead of *.so.

Suhaib