Re: pwd command output

--- Cesare Giuliani <giulianc@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using the 19990922 snapshot and I noticed that running the
> pwd command inside the bash I got the following outputs:
>
> /             if I am on the C: drive
> /cygdrive/d   if I am on the D: drive
> /cygdrive/e   if I am on the E: drive

That would be one of the changes.

> and so on....
>
> This behaviour is different from the one I got using the original
> Beta 20.1 version. Should it work this way or is something that
> need to be fixed?
> Is it configurable (e.g., can I get "d:/" as output instead
> of "/cygdrive/d")?

Not d:/ but you could get /d/ if you `mount d:\\ /d'.

BTW, I'm thinking that the cygdrive text is stored in the registry and could be
changed to what you want.  I can't verify that at this time but you could look
using RegEdit.  The /cygdrive/ was added to change the // due to problems with
Win32 thinking it was referencing a network drive.  It could have just as well
have been made an error if the drive isn't mounted rather than defaulting to
anything at all.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)