can cygwin Tcl/Tk be made to speak X?

we have an openGL visualization app that now runs on a (inexpensive
compared to an SGI) winNT pc using the cygwin environment.  (thank you,
cygwin development team, for making this possible, and making it
relatively easy to port!!!!)

Our app uses Tcl/Tk for the GUI.  We really need to have the GUI display
on a different machine than the openGL window.  This is easy to do when
running on an SGI, since Tcl/Tk is an X client.  (just set DISPLAY
elsewhere.)  Can Tcl/Tk be configured, in cygwin, to speak to an X
server instead of using native win32 calls?

I've searched the cygwin FAQ, Mumit's Tcl/Tk page, and the Tcl/Tk FAQ,
as well as the cygwin archives.  If the answer is there, I've missed it.

thank you,

-jeff