Re[2]: GCC v2.95 doesn't work (a bug?)

Hello bughz,

bughz@iname.com <bughz@iname.com> wrote:

bic> Teofilis Martisius <smart@org.ktu.lt> wrote :

>> I was using mingw32 to make a postgresql ODBC driver
>> dll. When compiling psqlodbc.c, it produces .o file
>> with symbol _DllMain@12???? instead of _DllMain@12 in

bic> I have got a similar problem in compiling the FLTK framework (LGPL, written in c++,
bic> http://www.fltk.org) as a dll using mingw32.

[]

bic> So is this a problem of dllwrap/dlltool or is it a problem in gcc/mingw32 ?

     If you use Win95/98 it's same old bug with
lseek()-past-end-of-file. POSIX requires that if such call was made
followed by write(), skipped space to be zeroed. But win9x leaves
previous physical media contents there. That almost surely hits when
producing dlls, and I submitted work-around-like patch for that
(see http://www.is.lg.ua/~paul/devel/binutils.html), but it specially
applies only to PE files, not generic COFF. After that I several times
saw problem described by you, but only during experiments and never in
real work ;-) , so I didn't bother to fix it yet.

bic> Thank you in advance,
bic> Harm-Jan Zwinderman   mailto://bughz@iname.com

Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:paul-ml@is.lg.ua