Re: GCC v2.95 doesn't work (a bug?)

Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

>      If you use Win95/98 it's same old bug with
> lseek()-past-end-of-file. POSIX requires that if such call was made
> followed by write(), skipped space to be zeroed. But win9x leaves
> previous physical media contents there. That almost surely hits when
> producing dlls, and I submitted work-around-like patch for that
> (see http://www.is.lg.ua/~paul/devel/binutils.html), but it specially
> applies only to PE files, not generic COFF. After that I several times
> saw problem described by you, but only during experiments and never in
> real work ;-) , so I didn't bother to fix it yet.

Dlltool from your alternative binutils produced corrupted .def file too.

I tried compiling on a different PC with a newly downloaded
GCC/mingw32 (2.95).
I tried to compile under windows 95 and under windows 98.
And it didn't work anyway.

Since object files produced with gcc have garbage, I think this is a gcc bug.

I have sent this information to gcc-bugs a few days ago, but I still haven't got any
response.  I have written e-mail to Mumit Khan too, but he didn't reply.
If I don't get any response until the end of this week, I will send it again.

Once again I attach the file I compiled and the makefile. Could you please
try to compile it (just unpack and run 'make') and at least confirm you also get the
same errors with mingw32 or cygwin, gcc 2.95, under windows.

Teofilis Martisius

psqlodbc.zip