Re: Licensing question

Just to make sure that everyone is clear on this, Cygwin is not released
under the LGPL.  If you use cygwin1.dll in your application then your
application must be made available as open source.  The way to avoid
this is to compile your program using the -mno-cygwin option.

If you are only releasing parts of a cygwin release such as cygwin1.dll,
ls.exe, gcc.exe, etc. and you are not compiling any of your own
applications using the DLL then those parts must be made available under
the GPL.