RE: compiling a linux kernel

I only once tried compiling a Linux application on NT using cross-compiler.
The
app needed Linux kernel headers, which i copied from my Linux box to NT.
The end result was, I had to spend much more time hacking around the code,
which was
not worth it.  I would rather boot into my RedHat partition, and compile
there..
it will save much more time.  If you PPC cross compiler on your x86 linux
you
could certainly compile PPCLinux kernel on x86.

Suhaib