CD v1.0 : 2 probs, bash readline and info

Hi,

I replaced my previous unstable cobbled together attempt at a
Cygwin environment with the installation from my new copy of
the Cygwin CD (v1.0).

In no time at all, I ran into two problems, both of which I've already
reported to Cygwin-Support.  I've received a non-resolution type
response to the 'info' question, but none to the readline problem,
so far.  I thought I'd see if anyone reading this list might have any
ideas.

A.  "info info" and "info diff" don't work, both yield a directory page
     which doesn't contain entries for these docs.  The long forms
     "info -f /usr/info/info" and "info -f /usr/info/diff" do work properly.
     "export INFOPATH="/usr/info:/contrib/info" doesn't help.

B.  I ran across two problems with text entry into the bash shell.
     I use "set -o vi" and a simple ".inputrc":

     # Make Bash 8bit clean
        set meta-flag on
        set convert-meta off
        set output-meta on
     # Ignore case while completing
        set completion-ignore-case on

     At first, I couldn't enter an 's', though I did discover that ctrl-v-s
     worked.  After turning off the "set -o vi" (reverting to emacs) and
     commenting-out the .inputrc entries, the 's' was accepted and
     then after putting the .inputrc back the way it was and going
     back to the "set -o vi" the 's' continued to work okay - so much
     for diagnosing that problem!

     However, the second input problem is persistent.  Whenever I
     enter a TAB at the beginning of a line, the bash shell goes off
     and starts doing... something!  I can hear the disk chattering,
     I can watch files and directories being accessed (though it
     seems not written to) through the Systems Internals Filemon
     tool, but I don't have a clue as to what is running.

     I assume this has something to do with readline, and I've tried
     digging through the bash manual and the readline docs, but I
     haven't yet figured out how to further diagnose what's is going
     on, or how to stop it.

Does anyone have any ideas about the info thing, or the magic TAB?

Thanks,
Doug Wyatt