Re: cygwin's unlink

Chris Faylor wrote
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 02:01:10PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>> >Anyway, in the case where the file is truely a directory, under all
>> >unix systems we've tried, unlink returns and error, and we proceed with
>> >the recursive directory removal, but under cygwin it returns success
>> >(even though nothing is removed), and our code returns success without
>> >removing the directory.  Is this a limitation in the underlying windows
>> >unlink, or a bug in cygwin?
>>
>> When I try this I get a "Permission denied" error.  It should be a
>> "Is a directory error" though.  I've changed the sources here so
>> this should be fixed in the next snapshot.

	Are you saying this is a bug that has been fixed and will be in
	the next snapshot, because I didn't get the "Permission denied"
	error at all?   In fact, it was the lack of error is what I
	reporting as an error.

	John Hanson suggested it maybe because the directory was open, and
	unlink queues up remove requests until all open file descriptors
	have been closed, and returns success after queueing.  It doesn't
	look like this is the problem though, as I can't find anywhere
	where the directory is opened without being closed again.

					Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	    steve@haunt.com