Re: Snapshot and CD compatibility problems

Chris Faylor wrote
>> >Steve's problem with the NTSEC is simple.  He's modifying the CYGWIN
>> >variable from with bash.  To have this work you must set the NONTSEC
>> >_before_ starting bash (or any other cygwin program).  Once started you
>> >can't change it without closing all cygwin instances.
>>
>> Aha!  Thanks.  That explains things.  It also uncovers something that we
>> should try to work around in the DLL.
>>
>> Good detective work, Earnie.

	Good guess, but this isn't the problem, I created a cygwin.bat
	file which sets up my environment (including the CYGWIN variable)
	before starting my shell.

	I final did figure out the problem, and Earnie was correct, my
	CYGWIN variable was not being set correct.  In my batch file, I setting
	the CYGWIN variable in my batch file according to an example
	in the 1.0 manual, and it looked like:

SET CYGWIN="nontsec tty notitle binmode"

	However, when I got rid of the quotes:

SET CYGWIN=nontsec tty notitle binmode

	it started working as expected again.  So I'm guessing that
	the quotes made it one big string to the dll instead of
	four different strings.. :)

	Anyway, you guys might want to fix you're manual, as I'm sure
	I'm not the only one that will get confused over that example..

	Thanks for all the help.

						Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	    steve@haunt.com