Re: JAVA

"=?iso-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw?= G. =?iso-8859-2?Q?Gawro=F1ski?=" <gawron@obop.co
m.pl> writes:
> Where can I get a Java compiler for cygwin ?

You can use the GNU java compiler that is part of gcc-2.95. You'll
have to install the gcc-2.95 base first, and then install the java
add-on package.  See

  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

for details. Caveat Emptore -- I know very little about GNU Java compiler,
and chances are that I won't be of much help if you run into problems.

Beware that I *do not* distribute the java runtime, and you're on your
own there.  However, Jon Beniston <jon@sentinelware.freeserve.co.uk> has
done good work on the runtime side, and you may want to check his Java
runtime web site at http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~jb7216/libgcj/ to see what
he's got.

> And a second quiestion, is there any good Java tutorial online ?

How about starting at http://www.javasoft.com/ ???

Regards,
Mumit