Re: windres and CONTROL object

"Jimen Ching" <jimen@adtech-inc.com> writes:
> >Ah, forgot about this bug! It has to do with L"string", which windres
> >can't handle. Anybody know how wide character and/or unicode
> >is handled in resources?
>
> Is it ok to just parse this construct and treat the result as non-unicode?
> Currently, I just get a parse error, even though it is not an error.
> The very least, it should say 'construct not supported'.
>
> Also, can you tell me where the following functions are located?
>
> 	sntprintf
> 	GetSystemPowerStatus
> 	tcslen

_sntprintf and _tcslen are in tchar.h (not the underscore!) and
GetSystemPowerStatus in winbase.h.

If _sntprintf and _tcslen interfaces are macros, and you need to
include tchar.h. Unless I see some actual code, that's the best
I can do.

Note that GetSystemPowerStatus should show up as GetSystemPowerStatus@4
when linking, so perhaps you're not including <windows.h> (or winbase.h)?
It's in libkernel32.a, so *always* linked in every win32 app.

FYI, A simple grep/search in the header files should answer at least some
of these questions. For symbols in libraries:

  $ cd /gcc-2.95.2-crtdll/i386-mingw32/include
  $ grep sntprintf  *.h
  tchar.h:#define _sntprintf      _snwprintf
  tchar.h:#define _vsntprintf     _vsnwprintf
  tchar.h:#define _sntprintf      _snprintf
  tchar.h:#define _vsntprintf     _vsnprintf
  $ cd /gcc-2.95.2-crtdll/i386-mingw32/lib
  $ nm --print-file-name *.a |grep GetSystemPowerStatus
  libkernel32.a:ds345.o:00000000 T _GetSystemPowerStatus@4
  libkernel32.a:ds345.o:00000000 ? ___imp_GetSystemPowerStatus@4
  libkernel32.a:ds345.o:00000000 ? __imp__GetSystemPowerStatus@4

Regards,