Re: how to run an x application

Joel,

You will need to set an environment variable (DISPLAY) or use the
-display argument for the X program.  The value can be either:

	localhost:0.0
	your.host.name:0.0

On my NT machine the hostname is the name in the "Identification" tab of
the network tool in control panel.

The simpler solution is the variable, which you would set in your
.profile:

	export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

Joel Guerrero wrote:

> I download the precompiled lib, i have the xserver (xwin32), and
> cygwin.  Now i wanna run some x application, but i get this error: can't
>
> open display.
> I already set the localhost, can anyone help me to run this applcaition?
>
> Thanks,
> Joel GUERRERO

Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer