Re: Repeat - X applications only work for Administrator

Charles,

If you've got NT4SP6, you'll need to get NT4SP6a or the patch for NT4SP6 to
fix the Winsock-related problems.  =

Patch:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/winntsp/Patch/afd.sys/NT4/EN-US/Q245678i.exe

Full Release:
   http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/SP6/allSP6.asp

Hope this helps.

Chuck McKnight

"Charles S. Wilson" wrote:

> Michael Hirmke was able to clear up *part* of the wierdness I observed
> (below). However, I still am unable to use X applications when logged in
> as a normal user. Can anyone reproduce this behavior, or is it just me?

Are you using NT4SP6? It has a communication problem if a user without local
admin rights tries to connect to a TCP port.

Corinna