Re: Still 100% usage and weird problems with recent snapshots?

    Chris> Has the recent snapshot solved the problem for everyone else or are
    Chris> there still problems?

    Chris> I would like to get this resolved since one of these snapshots is going
    Chris> to become the official Cygwin 1.1.1 beta that will show up in the
    Chris> pending net release which we hope to have available in the next couple
    Chris> of weeks.

Here my setup and testcases:

System:   WinNT 4.0/SP3
          Cygwin B20.1 with egcs-2.91.66
           - cygwin1.dll - cygwin1-20000228.dll
           - everything mounted binary,
           - CYGWIN = tty title binmode ntea nontsec

Software:  Xemacs-21.1.2   - http://www.xemacs.org/
           inetutils-1.3.2 - ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu   (with patch from Sergey)
           ssh-1.2.26      - ftp://ftp.cs.hut.fi/pub/ssh (with patch from Sergey)
           sendmail-8.9.3  - http://www.sendmail.org/
           apache-1.3.6    - http://www.apache.org/

o No CPU problems. I'm running inetd, sshd, apache and sendmail as NT services via
  invoker-1.4 - http://innovation.idetix.com/invoker/ and Xemacs on top and my CPU time
  is about 14% and almost consumed by taskmgr.exe

o Two things I noticed (Chris you alreday fixed this in a snapshot before)

1)
  When I call ftp and type in any commands the commands don't echo on the screen only after
  typing <RETURN>.
  The same thing happens if I try sending me an email via sendmail like this:

  vzell:/tmp> sendmail vzell
  This is a test string                       <---- I only see what I have typed after pressing RETURN here
                                              <---- This is CTRL-d
  vzell:/tmp>

2)
  When invoking a bash shell inside from Xemacs and then trying to telnet to my own machine
  from this session I get the following behaviour.

  vzell:~>
  vzell:~> telnet vzell
  Trying 140.84.39.166...
  Connected to vzell.de.oracle.com.
  Escape character is '^]'.

  CYGWIN_NT-4.0 1.1.0(0.17/3/2) (vzell) (tty6)

  login: vzell
  vzell                                                 <----- echoed
  Password:
  vzell:~> pwd
  pwd                                                   <----- echoed
  /users/vzell
  vzell:~>

  vzell:~>

So in this case everything I type in is echoed to thze sreen twice, as soone as I type it in
and AFTER pressing RETURN.

Unitl now I used the cygwin-inst-19990929 snapshot which was perfectly stable for me.
Also it doesn't show the above anomalies.

Ciao
  Volker