RE: What is a "forward slash" (Was: changing mount)

Look at it:   /
It leans forward.

Look at it:  \
It leans backward.

As you pointed out, this is a consequence of the fact that we read from left
to right.  And, although we read from top to bottom, we write relative to
the base (bottom) line.  So, twisting your argument, a forward slash should
start at the bottom left and move to the top right.

Ajit

PS.  See how silly this can get?