Re: Status of inclusion of Cygwin/MingW into Main GCC

Uwe Bonnes <bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:
> Huch...
>
> Are you talking about plain gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz or a present develloper
> snapshot?

GCC for all x86-win32 targets is still evolving, and the changes that
we've made to gcc-2.95.x branch will NOT make it into the official gcc
release branch (the release branch is frozen for new features). Most
of these changes are incorporated into the mainline gcc, ie., the
development branch, and will show up in the next major release.

Since we provide full sources, and will provide full diffs if requested,
I don't see this as a problem. The alternative is of course to cripple
our gcc releases and only provide what's in the official gcc-2.95.2
release. That is not likely to happen.

The GCC sources you get from the Cygwin/Mingw/etc release is simply a
superset of what you get in official gcc-2.95.2 release. I use that to
build our 10 or so targets, and do test it for regression to make sure
we're not crippling other host/target combinations.

Regards,
Mumit