Re: odd sed behavior

--- Michael O'Brien <mobrien@pixar.com> wrote:
> Hola~
>
> This is what I'm doing currently. The sed expression is in a Makefile, so
> the better solutution would be to leave it there as opposed to adding a two
> line file. I'm not trying to be picky, I just want to understand who's
> having problems (sed or the command prompt).

As has already been stated it is the command prompt.  It doesn't understand the
single-quote ' character as a quoting character.  You could try replacing it
with a double-quote " character; but, I have no idea if it will work.  Most
users of Cygwin use it from the bash prompt so there aren't these kinds of
problems.

You could have make create the foo.sed file.

Earnie.