i586-cygwin32 vs i686-pc-cygwin

When I install snapshots, I notice that the directory structure is different
from full.exe.  In particular, full.exe has:
   H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32
but the snapshots have:
                   i686-pc-cygwin

Am I supposed to install the snapshot as is or am I supposed to move the
stuff in i686 to the i586 directory?

Could this have something to do with my configuration error:

   Configuring for a i686-pc-cygwin host.
      *** This configuration is not supported in the following
          subdirectories
        send-pr texinfo
       (Any other directories should still work fine.)

      <blah>

      *** BFD does not support target i686-pc-cygwin.
      *** Look in bfd/config.bfd for supported targets.
      Configure in /opt/cygwin-build/TARGET-OBJ/opcodes failed, exiting.

Thanks,
John Wiersba