questions about kernal source headers

Hello, I am in the process of learning the cygwin package in hopes that I
will be able to port CIPE to the windows platform. CIPE is a way to send
encrypted packets (over UDP) from one router to another. It is basically a
VPN solution.

CIPE uses kernal headers (usr/src/linux/include) in its code. How do I
integrate the cygwin headers with the kernal headers? Do I copy all the
linux headers into a directory and then overwrite them with the cygwin
ones in the same directory? Do I do the reverse? Do I keep them seperate?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!

Thank you,
Marc Kurtz
Security Engineer
East Stroudsburg University