Re: Gcc with ppc860

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 04:19:28PM +0200, Rickard Fahlquist wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use Gcc to compile code written for a PowerPC8xx. Is
> that possible and what flags would I in that case have to use?

When you have to go through the normal steps of configuring, building, and
installing GCC, Binutils, newlib, and possibly Gdb for a powerpc-eabi target.
The exact instructions are too long to go into here -- look at the
documentation for the above tools.

To configure for powerpc-eabi, you need to use --target=powerpc-eabi.

To compile code you need to use the -mcpu=860, -mcpu=823, or -mcpu=821 options
(the compiler treats them all the same).

To link the code, you probably need to write the appropriate stubs for the low
level stuff, and add -lc -l<your-stubs> to the link line, or use an appropriate
-m option if you have one of the supported target boards.

--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company.
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304